From:
Connie Maltin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Maltin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:39:17 -0400

Thank you to everyone who was up bright and early this morning.  The
overwhelming majority stated it is GF and many wrote to say that they
have used San-J Wheat Free Tamari Sauce with no problems.  I also had
3 responders state that they use the La Choy Soy Sauce and also La
Choy Teriaki and Plum sauces.  I could find no information on the La
Choy web site about this product being GF, but Clan Thompson did
verify the GF status as of 2/16/07.
I was also sent information from several people about the Gluten Free
Certification Program from GIG.  This is a great site and thank you
for the information. I have now bookmarked this site.   One post is
as follows:

Although San-J (like most companies) does not put the ppm on the
label they are part of the Gluten Free Certification Program (a
program from GIG).  This means that the plant has been inspected and
the product tests to 10 ppm or less.  You can see the product listing
at www.gfco.org/products.php To lean more about the Gluten Free
Certification Program go to www.gfco.org

One poster stated he has gone through bottles of San-J over the years
as he uses it instead of salt & pepper or hot sauce when cooking with
no reactions.