From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:15:00 EDT

Hi All:

The SnoKing Celiac Support Group will reconvene on Tuesday, August 8, 2006 at
7pm in Conference Room A of the Group Health Northshore (Bothell) Clinic.

For directions, email or call me at 206-527-6678. I only included a few news
and discussion items this month in order to allow plenty of time for our
featured speaker. Feel free to share other important celiac awareness or gluten
free product info news at the meeting.

INTRODUCTIONS: Let's all introduce ourselves and briefly state how long we
have been gluten free as well as abstinent from other food intolerances. New
attendees will be asked to introduce themselves and share how they learned they
had celiac disease or gluten intolerance and what they want to learn from our
meetings.

SPRING BAKEHOUSE/SWEET DELIVERANCE SPECIAL: Spring Bakehouse and Sweet
Deliverance joined to form the website WheatFreeFood.com in order to offer gluten
free, sugar free, and organic products. This new website already has over 20 new
items including biscotti, meringues, and baking mixes

NIH LAUNCHES CELIAC DISEASE AWARENESS CAMPAIGN: The National Institutes of
Health (NIH) launched a campaign - to heighten awareness of celiac disease, an
autoimmune disorder that interferes with the absorption of nutrients from food.
The campaign stems from consensus recommendations of an independent panel of
experts convened by the NIH to assess current diagnosis, treatment, and
management of the disease. For more information about the campaign or to download
any of the campaign materials, visit http://www.celiac.nih.gov. For more
information about the consensus development panel's recommendations, visit
http://consensus.nih.gov/2004/2004CeliacDisease118html.htm.

2007 CELIAC AWARENESS WALK: We will be organizing for the 2007 Celiac
Awareness Walk very soon. If you worked on the 2006 walk and want to volunteer to
help again next year OR if you missed the opportunity to help with the 2006 walk,
but want to help with the 2007 walk, please email me (at
[log in to unmask]) OR see me after the meeting.

GLUTENFREE SAMPLES: Enjoy Life Foods provided free samples of 3 different
cereals plus 'cents off' coupons for their products. Remember to pick up your ELF
cereal samples and coupons after the meeting.

FEATURED SPEAKER: Dr. Stephen Wangen, Founder of the IBS Treatment Center,
will speak about - Celiac Disease and Other Forms of Gluten Intolerance: Real
Life Stories from a Gluten Intolerant Physician.

Hoping to see you all on August 8

SUE CORNING, Leader
SNOKINGCELIAC SUPPORT GROUP
206-527-6678