From:
Mary Burgdorff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Burgdorff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:21:44 -0400

I thought I would share this recipe that really turned out well.  I cut the
recipe in half so I wouldn't have to use a jelly roll pan (which I don't
have), so I'm posting it exactly as I made it, so some of the measurements
may look strange.

Frosted Pumpkin Bars

3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup oil
1/6 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup flour (I used 3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill mix + 1/4 cup tapioca flour)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp each: ground cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon

Beat egg and add other wet ingredients and mix well. Add dry ingredients.
Bake in a glass 9X13 pan about 30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Bars will be a slightly browned. Bars will be very thin and moist.  Let
cool.

Frosting

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1/2 lb powdered sugar

Melt butter, add brown sugar and milk. Heat to boiling and cook 1 minute.
remove from burner and add powdered sugar, stirring until good frosting
consistency. Spread onto bars.

Note:  The frosting hardens quickly, so mix it up and spread onto bars
immediately while still warm.  I actually added the powdered sugar a little
at a time so I wouldn't add too much and dry out the frosting.  I hope you
enjoy this recipe.  Happy fall!
-Mary