Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2006 13:58:54 -0500

I recently posted about Hormel cold cuts and got many requests about the
crackers I mentioned.  Manufacturer is Bi-Aglut in Italy, The title is
"Fette Tostate" senza glutine - Heinz has their logo on the bottom left
corner of the box, perhaps these companies have merged.  They are
distributed by many of the gluten free food distributors - I get mine from
shopbydiet.com - I don't own stock in either company (but wish I did);
shopbydiet.com. is a small family owned health food store in Chicago area
and I live in Texas so I order online.  I am sure gluten free pantry, miss
robens, etc. all carry them now.

The cracker's characteristics are LARGER than a regular cracker, the size of
a small piece of toast.  They are very "airy" yet lightly crunchy.  They can
be toasted easily or heated and don't change consistency very much as they
are already crunchy but not "break your teeth" crunchy.  I have been using
them for peanut butter & honey toast in the mornings or for a snack, for
mini sandwiches.  They are also very lightly salted but not so much that it
would interfere if you wanted to put jelly on them.

The ingredients are: rice flour, potato flour, lupin flour, sugar, vegetable
oil, salt and flavourings.  The box is clearly marked gluten free on its own
line under the ingredients.  The box has language translations in Italian,
French, German & ?Swedish.  I have plans for these crackertoasts to be my
staple when I travel too.  I hope you like them as much as I do.  Enjoy!