From:
Kim Turet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim Turet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:05:52 -0400

I just spoke with a representive of benefiber - she said that they
are recording customer responses to their change in ingredients (from
guar gum to wheat dextrin) and that the more people who call or write
about this concern, the more likely they will use the information.
Go to www.benefiber.com for the phone number.

I also learned that benefiber with guar gum (the gf version) will
continue to be made in the "medical nutrition" dept for those who
require tube feedings...that it may be possible to order the gf
version somehow through this department but she wasn't sure if they
would allow individuals to order it.  Maybe gluten free mall or some
celiac group could stock the gf version?  Also, if they will continue
to make both versions, perhaps with enough consumer request/
complaint, both will remain available on store shelves.

The benefiber rep did read me this whole thing about the small
quantity of gluten in the new formulation perhaps not being an issue
for celiacs - I shared the concept I have read about 1 molecule
potentially being enough to cause a reaction which, of course, would
make their new formulation not safe for celiacs.  If anyone has any
other interpretations, I would be interested!

Anyway, call and write to benefiber if this matters to you or your
loved ones.

Kim in PA

*******
*******