From:
"Stump, Marion" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stump, Marion
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2006 16:18:48 -0400

They have good omelet selection - create your own.  Salads are good too.
I had something Mexican with corn tortillas.

My go-to is the Sante Fe salad.  I'm pretty sure the Vietnamese Spring
Rolls are GF too because they're wrapped in rice paper, but I don't
think the sauces are.  The staff there has always been very helpful and
accommodating when I've been there.  Servers can look up ingredients at
their station to double check anything.  I would have them double check
the salad though, if that's what you choose to have, because I've
noticed that sometimes ingredients vary between restaurants.

I have success every time. 1st FIND A MANAGER and tell him EXACTLY what
you want on a salad-they have some delicious ones.  I always have them
grill me a NON marinated piece of chicken-they'll add nuts, fruit,
etc-whatever combination of their salads you want.

I take my staff to the one in the Baltimore Inner Harbor once a year,
but since my CD diagnosis 3 years ago, I have been very disappointed by
the Cheesecake Factory.  Even the managers were rude and basically said
all their food was pre-packaged and may be contaminated.  I have tried
two things there successfully:  their shrimp scampi on rice rather than
pasta, and an omelet with rice.  Not the greatest meals when their menu
has so much more to offer! I hope the manager where you are going will
be more helpful!

I've eaten there several times.  Do not eat the fries!!  The only
cheesecake that is gf is the godiva chocolate one, you should reconfirm
this with them. Ask the server to check the ingredients with the kitchen
once you have made your selection.  You should be fine.

This is a letter from the corporation with their stance on what you can
eat there.

Dear Ms. ***:

Thank you for your interest in The Cheesecake Factory.  Our goal is to

provide our guests the best information possible. Although we prepare
dishes that we do not add wheat, oats, rye or barley, our concern is
that some sub-ingredients may contain trace amounts of gluten.  In

addition, we do not have separate cooking equipment to prepare flour and
no-flour based items.  We understand that sensitivities can vary. Our
managers will be happy  to help you select dishes that we do not add
wheat, oats, rye or barley however, because your health is our primary
concern, we recommend non-marinated vegetables, chicken, steak, shrimp
or fish pan cooked as opposed to grilled.

Celiac friendly dessert: The only cheesecake that does not contain wheat
flour is our Godiva Cheesecake. I have provided the ingredients for the
Godiva Cheesecake below so that you can determine if it is safe for you
to eat. I also must  caution you that all of our cheesecakes are
produced in the same facility and we therefore cannot guarantee against
cross contamination.

Godiva Cheesecake

INGREDIENTS: Cream (Cream, Mono & Diglycerides, Polysorbate 80,

Carrageenan), Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Milk and Cream, Cream Culture,
Salt, Xanthan and/or Carob Bean and/or Guar Gums), Semisweet Chocolate
(Sugar, Chocolate Processed with Alkali, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa, Butter
Oil, Soy Lecithin, Milk, Vanillin - an artificial flavor, Natural
Flavor), Eggs, Sugar, Milk Chocolate (Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Chocolate,
Skim Milk, Milk, Butter Oil, Soy Lecithin, Vanillin - an Artificial
Flavor, Natural Flavor), Cultured Sour Cream (Cultured Grade A
Pasteurized Sour Cream, Non Fat Milk, Enzyme), Chocolate Liquor, Butter,
Water, Chocolate Snow Powder (Dextrose, Cocoa Powder, Partially
Hydrogenated Soybean Oil), Gelatin, Vanillin (Artificial Flavor).

We appreciate you thinking of The Cheesecake Factory and hope that you

will be able to join us for a wonderful meal.

Sincerely,

Timothy Larson

Guest Relations Coordinator