From:
Vicki Kent <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vicki Kent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2006 18:45:35 -0700

My daughter was born with calcified cholesterol gall stones. They found it
at Children's Hospital in Seattle. She was on medication (ursodioxycolic
acid) for 11 months and then was suddenly "normal" meaning that her
liver/gall bladder had kicked in and was making it's own bile. Reading about
liver damage makes me wonder if my being celiac and now she has seizures
from gluten, could my eating gluten back then (she's 13 now) have cause her
liver damage during development? Could her liver have straightened out
because she stopped sharing my blood supply and was drinking breast milk and
mostly rice cereal? Wow, I almost wish I could have a baby again and be
gluten free to see what difference it might make...but at almost 50, I'll
let someone else forge that trail!

Vicki Kent

Near Portland, Oregon