From:
Jennifer Logan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer Logan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:24:35 -0500

I will be going to Armenia in April as a chaperone with my son's high
school chorus.  We will spend part of the time in Yerevan, the capital,
and part of the time outside the city.

Are gluten free products available in Armenia?  I plan to take my own
supplies, but want to be well informed.  Also, since I was diagnosed
only 6 months ago, I haven't any experience taking food for 10 days, so
advice is appreciated.  I am used to taking bread/breakfast cereal and
snacks (nuts/dried fruit) on business trips in the US, but these have
been for only 3-5 days.  The bread was going moldy on longer trips with
no refrigeration.

We will be traveling by way of Moscow, and spending a day there each
way.  Will there be an issue taking food into Russia and Armenia?
I'll be checking with one of the leaders on the trip, an Armenian
parent, but also want to see what fellow celiacs can tell me.

There was no information in the archives on Armenia.  There were
several questions about travel to Russia/Moscow, but no replies.

I will summarize.

Two other comments:

The archives at icors are great!

My husband gave me a Breadman breadmaker for Christmas, and my teenage
son programmed it for GF bread.  I am having a blast trying different
recipes, including ideas I got from my posting for "whole-wheat" like
bread (thanks all, again).  I was getting so tired of the rice bread
from Whole Foods. A whole new world had opened.  I had no idea it was
so easy to make bread with a machine, as my only experience was with
making regular bread in my graduate school days, decades ago.

Thanks in advance.

Jennifer