From:
Linda Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 02:18:28 -0500

Hi Listmates!

I tried to post this a few days ago without success, let's see if it goes
this time. I have not been dx'd with DH, but decided to go GF outside as
well, since some shampoos/conditioners will make me itch (or I'll get a few
bumps on my scalp).

I tried to contact Matrix myself without any luck. My wonderful
hairdresser, Sheer Professionals in Wooster, OH., contacted them for me. In
a couple of days they called me and said that Matrix had sent them a list
of their shampoos/conditioners which are GF. All Sleek, Amp, Volumizing,
and Fortifying Shampoos and Conditioners DO NOT have Gluten.

A few days later, my hairdresser informed me, Matrix sent the shampoos for
color-treated hair to be tested and that Amplify XL and Colorsmart Shampoos
and Conditioners are also GF. I was so happy since I have not found other
shampoos and conditioners that I like as well as the salon ones.

Matrix also sent a list of gluten containing ingredients to watch out for.
They are:

Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour
Cyclodextrin
Dextrin
Dextrin Palmitate
Hydrolyzed Oat Flour
Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein
Hydrolyzed Wheat Flour
Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer
Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch
Maltodextrin
Secale Cereale (Rye) Seed Flour
Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract
Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil
Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Gluten
Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Starch
Wheat Amino Acids
Wheat Germ Glycerides
Wheat Germamidopropalkonium Chloride
Wheat Protein
Wheatgermamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate
Yeast Extract

My hairdresser has added this info into my "Client File", so I do not need
to explain it to them every time I have an appointment. I would welcome
anyone letting me know if they have a favorite store brand they really like.

Thanks,
Linda