From:
MJ Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MJ Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 19:48:03 -0500

I never had a problem with sulfites in wine until a few months after I was
diagnosed with CD/CH in the fall of 2004.  Sometimes I have no reaction
for several months and then, for no apparent reason, I have flushing in
response to the sufites (or that would seem to be the cause).  We live in
the middle of the Finger Lakes wine area of NYS and I have talked to some
of the winemakers. Sulfite reactions are often thought to be limited to
red wines, or so I thought, but the winemakers tell me sulfites are
generally higher in whites than reds.  I know I've reacted to both red and
white.  Has anyone else experienced the onset of reactions after being
diagnosed or having reactions and then not for several months?  It may be
coincidental. It doesn't seem to be the specific wine since I've had some
that bothered at one time and then not another - same maker and same
vintage.

A summary will follow.

Thanks so much.

MJ

--
 MJ Thomas
 In the beautiful Finger Lakes Wine Country of New York State!