From:
Wendy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:06:32 EDT

 Hi,I have celiac disease and I have a daughter that is 4 years old and she
has loose anagen syndrome, that is were the hair can be sparse, sometimes
mistaken for alopecia. Hers is not really bad it is mainly around the hairline the
hair don't grow but it is hard for most people to recognize but I am a
hairdresser and I knew it wasn't right and because my 9 year old son was diagnosed
with it when he was 2 at the mayo clinic . My son outgrew it by 4 years of age.
It is common in mostly blonde headed children and they usually out grow it by
the time they are 7, but not always. I am hoping she outgrows it.  I just
recently found a patch on the back of her head that was never their and I am
hoping it don't get any worse. My mom says when I was my daughters age I had thin
blonde hair and now it is thick brown hair. I was just wondering if anyone out
their that has celiac disease has had this same problem. I am having her blood
tested for celiac in october. Thanks, Wendy