From:
Pamela L Donner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pamela L Donner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:00:33 -0500

Hi all,

I will be at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Hotel in Montreal the first week
in October for a conference.
Lunches and one dinner will be provided (I still need to call and talk to
someone about this!).
I need some recommendations for dinners close to this hotel or within a
short cab ride (maybe in Old Montreal?).
I am not interested in fast food.  I am looking for nice, not too
expensive, and interesting places.
Unfortunately I will not have a car so will not be able to travel to Casa
du Speghetti that I have heard so many great things about...

I have been doing some surfing on the montreal websites.... does anyone
have any opinions about the quality and/or GF friendliness of these
restaurants:
Cafe Bonaparte
La Maree
L'Actuel
Chez L'Epicier
The Keg vs Gibby's for steaks
Olio (is this only a lunch place?)
Entrecote St Jean
Queue Cheval
Maestro s.v.p.
I hear that Casa Pescara has a GF menu, is this true?  And how far from
the Queen Elizabeth is it?
many of these are not very close to the hotel, though...so any other
downtown recomendations would be great.
and the three restaurants at the Queen Elizabeth: Le Montrealais Bistro
and Les Voyageurs and The Beaver Club (expensive!)

This will be my first trip to Montreal and I welcome any advice!
(restaurant or otherwise)
(I don't speak french, but have found a french GF card to show at
restaurants).

Thanks in advance,
Pam