From:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 15:02:33 -0500

Hi Again!

Yesterday I posted a summary of our monthly BBQ event.  However, I forgot
to mention a very important commendation.  Everyone who read my post should
recall that we had soooo much food, I barely had countertop space for it
all!  Well, after the feast as we were standing around in the kitchen quite
a few people asked me about the pasta.  What type was it? Who made it? etc.
etc.  As all of us celiacs know there are a lot of pastas on the market and
I personally like several.

The pasta I made was from the company "Heartland's Finest" and is really
very special.  It is a simple pasta with just bean flour and corn flour but
the taste is amazingly good.  Doesn't have a strong bean taste or as
someone said bean ordor.  The other amazing thing is, it really does taste
good cold.  I made two types of pasta -(1) macaroni & cheese for the
children (and of course, adults) and (2) Bette Hagman's Summer Veggie Pasta
Salad.  The summer salad is made by marinading veggies for several hours
and then making the pasta right before serving.  So yesterday it was warm
but today I just tried it after sitting in the frig all night and it was
delicious!

Finally, we all know that beans are good in fiber and protein so maybe we
need to eat more Heartland's Pasta...:>)

Here's their web-site link (it's also on my site):
Heartland's Finest
www.heartlandsfinest.com

Enjoy pasta the way you remember it, Janet
Charlotte, NC
The Queen City
www.charlotte-celiac-connection.org