From:
Nancy Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:36:19 -0500

12) I so understand your desire to get to the bottom of your problem
and "prove" your illness, but here is our experience with intentional
gluten challenge.  Please rethink your options.

Our daughter, a 22 year old A honors nursing student, actually got hurt
because we did not know that there were different points of view regarding
gluten intolerance versus celiac disease.  We tried to fit her into the
celiac box with a gluten challenge when actually she probably is in a
different subset of gluten intolerance.  (We already knew she can't
tolerate gluten from 8 years previous experience, but she wanted a
diagnosis and thought for sure she'd get it if she just did a gluten
challenge.  She had been of major wheats for 8 years, and then another 6