From:
Sue Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:20:57 -0700

Thanks to everybody who so generously gave of their time in responding to my
inquiry about eating gf at Disney World.

The following are copies are responses that I received:

Check out our review of Disney World at www.alamoceliac.org. On the left
menu, click on Defensive Dining, then On the Road, then Disney World.

My family just recently returned from Disney in Florida. I could not have
been more grateful to the restaurant staffs there. I was especially pleased
with the Rain Forest Cafe in Downtown Disney. I found that when I explained
the CD situation every effort was made to accommodate my son's diet.

Check the archives, Sue.  There is a ton of information on Disney.

I was in Disneyland last summer.  Online, I found a phone number for
restaurant reservations in Disneyland. I called a couple of weeks before we
left, and I was given the name of the head chef.  He was awesome. He told me
where to eat, and gave me ideas of what I could find there. He stressed that
I ask for the chef or manager at each restaurant to request a GF meal. He
encourages people on special diets to contact him a few days before arriving
at Disneyland so that he can better attend to their needs.  I enjoyed the
Mexican-food and the Italian-food restaurants the most. (I did not like the
beef-kabobs I purchased in a "hut" near the Jungle Cruise. They had to find
un-marinated beef which turned out "tough", they were expensive, and I was
still hungry after I ate them.)

My family went to Disney last summer and eating gluten free was not a
problem.  Just call the parks before you leave for vacation and tell them
where you will be eating.  At each restaurant, the head chef will come out
from the kitchen and will personally go over the menu with you.  You can
also request a list of gluten free snacks to eat through out the park, such
as ice cream stands and which McDonalds have seperate fryers for fries.

Just call ahead and your trip will be fine.