From:
BEVERLY SPRAGUE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BEVERLY SPRAGUE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:02:30 -0400

I have received many requests for the recipe I use for bread. Here is what I do:
Red Star Active Dry Yeast 2 1/4 teaspoons; 3 1/4 cups GF mix (I use the proportions Bette Hagman recommends); Xanthan gum 2 1/2 teaspoons; salt 1 1/2 teaspoons; dry milk powder 1/2 cup; sugar 3 tablespoons. Mix these together well except for the yeast. I put the yeast in some of the water and add 1/4 teaspoon of sugar and let it work. In the bread pan I put 3 eggs, 1/4 cup melted butter (or oil if you like the taste, I don't), 1 2/3 cup tepid water minus what you put in the yeast and also minus the two tablespoons that were creating the sinking top; and 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar. Put the dry ingredients in on top of the liquid and then add the yeast to that. I mix thoroughly as the bread machine is doing its first mixing, with a spatula, making sure all the dry ingredients are mixed with the liquid.

Bette Hagman recommends 3 parts rice flour to 1 part potato starch and 1/2 part tapioca starch.  So it would be 3 cups of rice flour to 1 cup potato starch and 1/2 cup tapioca. Store what you don't use in an airtight container, it keeps well.  Make sure everything is at room temperature; I rinse the bread pan in hot water, bring the eggs to room temperature by setting them in hot water for a few minutes.

Any questions, feel free to email me.

Beverly