From:
Sue Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:31:19 -0700

We went to Disney again last March.  Nothing has changed -still a great,
easy place to eat gf.  Highlights for us were fast food at Starlight Ray's
in tomorrowland (MK) and the Mexican restaurant in Adventureland (MK).
There is a nice cream place on main street in MK which serves Edy's.  We ate
gf pizza in pizza planet in MGM, and had gf pasta in the sitcom diner at MGM
(made a priority seating reservation beforehand for that one).  There's a
MCDonald's in downtwon disney if you need a cheaper meal one night.  There
are McDonald's fries at little stands in Animal kingdom, and a limited menu
McDonald's near the dinosaur ride there.

The Mexican fast -food place in epcot turned out to not have a lot of gf
items - mostly flour tortillas.  We might have been able to request corn
tortillas - but it was mobbed and we waited more than thirty minutes just to
get to the counter to order.  We were able to eat the nachos and they were
good and filling.
-----------
Show the server a list of things you can't eat.  Remember that they don't
always know what is in the food, so ask the server to show it to the chef.
If the waiter doesn't take you seriously, then talk to the manager.  Use the
word ALLERGY, so they understand the seriousness of the issue.
 -----------
there is an entire website dedicated to eatting gluten free in disney!
I am dyihng to go back now.
http://allearsnet.com/din/guestceliac.htm
--------------
The very best part of our whole week of eating was at the Prime Time Cafe in
MGM Studio's.  The chef personally came out and discussed with me what he
could do and all I could have.  I ended up having fried chicken, bacon
smashed potatoes and cheesecake for dessert!!!!  It was great!   That was
the only evening meal we ate on property, but all their medium scale
restaurants will work with you.
----------------
We ate at:

Liberty Tree (lunch)- made a burger & fried french fries in a separate pan
Crystal Palace (dinner) - walked the buffet & brought out a GF brownie at
the end
Hollywood & Vine - walked the buffet w/ me
Rainforest Cafe - made burger & fried french fries in a separate pan
Chef Mickey's - walked the buffet & the chef decided to make Emily a plate
in the back b/c of cross contamination bought a huge fruit plate & then a
huge plate of food. That chef was the head of a committee for food
allergies.