From:
Betsy Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betsy Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:25:00 -0600

Listmates:

A number of you are having trouble locating the recipe.  The cake
(Gateau Reine de Saba) recipe is in the box to the right of the
article--click on the recipe and you are there.    The box contains
the following information:

RELATED
Recipe: Chocolate Cherry Mousse (February 2, 2005)
Recipe: Gateau Reine de Saba (February 2, 2005)

I focused on the cake in my original post, as Nigella Lawson's
comment related to the gluten-intolerant was for that recipe.  The
Chocolate Cherry Mousse is GF too.  I left it out deliberately as I
did not have time to deal with my concerns about using raw eggs--you
should use pasteurized eggs.  They are not always easy to find.  In
Austin, Texas, they are available at Randalls on Braker Lane.

Additional items now that I have a few minutes.  If you registered
you might want to look at Mark Brittman's Leftover Pasta Reborn as a
Pie.  It is a Pasta Frittata and the recipe is in a block to the
right of the article.  I made it with leftover Tinkyada rice pasta
and it is wonderful.  Had a wedge with tomato soup for lunch.  Things
like this freeze well and wedges make a quick meal, including
breakfast.

In addition there are GF recipes for dips for related to the article,
Flavored to Win in the Dip Bowl.
http://nytimes.com/2005/02/02/dining/02guac.html  The soup article,
Stir Garnish and Serve, has two recipes.  One is GF and the other
calls for Bulgar wheat which could easily be replaced with whole
millet, whole quinoa, or Kasha (whole or a granulation).  The lentils
are ok.  http://nytimes.com/2005/02/02/dining/02book.html

The Dining & Wine Section runs in the New York Times every Wednesday.
There is a lot of good food information in it and a number of
recipes.  The recipes are always listed in the bottom section of the
Dining & Wine page if you want to skip the article.

I have no financial interest in the New York Times.  I am a regular reader.

Betsy
Austin, Texas