From:
Steve Weber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Weber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:51:08 -0500

We would like to tap into the collective wisdom of the list.

My wife is supposed to start getting B-12 shots.  Walgeens carries
only B-12 (Cyanocobalamin Injection) made by American Regent.  The
manufacturer says that it is processed from corn or wheat, but that
it (corn/wheat) is "broken down" during processing and probably does
not contain gluten.  BUT... they also stated that they do not test
for gluten.

Does anyone have any information and/or experience with B-12? Are
there any suppliers that will confirm gluten status?

My wife has an anaphylactic and convulsive response to traces of
gluten entering or coming in contact with her body.  Please do not
respond with statements that this kind of response is impossible, or
that gluten in an injection is irrelevant because it does not pass
through the intestine. We have heard them all before.  We have been
dealing with this response for 14 years and have run the medical
gamut up to and including the University of Chicago Hospitals Center
for Advanced Medicine.

According to both Dr. Carol Semrad MD, associate professor of
medicine at the University of Chicago, specializing in
Gastroenterology, Celiac disease, Diarrheal infections, Malabsorption
syndromes and Nutrition, and  Dr. Michael D. Sitrin, MD, former
University of Chicago Professor of Gastroenterology, currently
Professor of Medicine and Chief, Division of Gastroenterology,
Hepatology, and Nutrition at SUNY-Buffalo, and speaker at the 2003
CSA conference, (look him up) advised us that this type of response
and sensitivity, although rare, is in the literature.

Thank You
--
Steve Weber

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However
a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Hey spammers - Harvesting email addresses? Don't overlook these guys!

FCC Chairman Kevin J. Martin: [log in to unmask]
FCC Commissioner Kathleen Q. Abernathy: [log in to unmask]
FCC Commissioner Michael J. Copps: [log in to unmask]
FCC Commissioner Jonathan S. Adelstein: [log in to unmask]

US Postal Service: [log in to unmask]
Fraud Watch: [log in to unmask]
Federal Trade Commission: [log in to unmask]
Federal Trade Commission: [log in to unmask]