Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Eleanor Eich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 02:08:10 -0500

Are you sure this is what they said?  The online version says something different:

>http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/health/wabc_ONCALL_051705_kidscereal.html

It cites a study published in JAMA, May 2005, which found that introducing a baby to gluten
before 4 months, **or after 6 months**, both increased the risk of developing CD.  This was in a
high-risk population, where the children had a genetic predisp
osition to the condition.   (The risk
increased 5-fold in the former case, 2-fold in the latter.)   This would suggest that it's best to
introduce gluten between 4 and 6 months of age.

Here are a couple of more extensive articles:

http://www.clanthompson.com/10yearstudy.php3
http://www.babycenter.com/news/?id=525793#story

Of course, this flies right in the face of the current recommendations.   As if parents don't already
have enough conflicting advice to worry about!  ;-)