From:
Ginny Mingolla <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ginny Mingolla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:21:38 -0400

Last week I posted a summary for beef broth.  I mentioned that someone suggested I use Knorr bouillon cubes.  After sending it to the list I received an email from someone on the list that said she thought she heard that Knorr was no longer gluten free so I wrote to the company.  This is their response.

Thanks for writing!

Most Knorr products are made with gluten-containing ingredients, and
cannot be considered gluten free.  Common ingredients that may contain
gluten are rye, wheat, oats and barley, and noodles and pasta prepared
with any of the previously mentioned grains. HVP, TVP, flavorings, are
likely to contribute gluten as well.  They are always listed in the
ingredient statements. Because product formulations may change, we
recommend that you always read individual labels carefully to guide your
choice of foods that fit your dietary needs.

Thanks for your interest!
Your friends at Knorr