From:
Melissa Pittman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melissa Pittman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:24:01 -0400

After many worrisome months we have figured out that our son is intolerant/allergic to soy in addition to having CD.  He had the same gastro intestinal symptoms as with gluten with some differences.  We figured it out by elimination.

Now we find ourselves newbies once again with looking out for soy in products.  So I am calling upon all those with experience with a no soy diet to help me.  Here goes.

Are there soy containing ingredients out there that do not mention soy? (like modified food starch, natural flavors that contain gluten but make no mention of wheat)

Am I correct in assuming that if he is allergic to soy he also should not eat anything containing soy such as soybean oil, soy lecithin?

Any other helpful insider tips and tricks of the trade would be helpful and much appreciated.

Are there any good websites which deal with soy specifically?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Melissa
.