Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:12:55 -0400

I  always thought that anything with "wheat" in it was a no no....however something caught my eye today that made me question wheat bran.

I find alot of low carb things do not contain wheat so I picked up a bag of low carb cookies today and looked at the ingredients.
The first ingredient was WHEAT BRAN.
Darn it!!
But then the next ingredient listed was "GLUTEN FREE FLOUR" (Corn flour, soy flour, potato flour, corn starch, rice flour, potato starch, xanthan gum)

Can a celiac have wheat bran???  My first thought is NO but then why would this company go the extremes to actually list "gluten free flour" ???  What other purpose would they have to say that if they weren't trying to target gluten free industry?