From:
Carol Ray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Ray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 07:15:14 -0500

Atkins quality assurance finally contacted me. I asked 3 questions:

#1 What is the malt made from? (Answer: Grains)I clarified my question,
what particular grain is used? (Answer: Unknown, will research this and get
back to you...2nd phone conversation: The Manufacturer states they do not
use malt even though it is marked on the package of Cookies n Creme bars, I
will investigate more and get back to you.)
#2 Is the maltodextrin made from corn as per FDA regulations? (Answer:
Unknown...2nd phone conversation: Yes)
#3 On the label it states: This product is manufactured in a facility that
uses peanuts,and other nuts, and seeds. My question: Regarding seeds, does
this include wheat,rye,barley, or oats? (Answer: Unknown....2nd phone
conv
ersation: The manufacturer regularly cleans equipment) I felt this did
not answer my question regarding the nature of what seeds are included. She
is to investigate this further and get back to me.
I will post another update once I have the answers to questions #1 and #3.