From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:54:25 -0600

Dear listmates,

In November I posted information about a new B and B that is starting up
in San Antonio, and caters to folks who are gluten free and others with
dietary restrictions.  I mentioned that the idea is based on previous
stays in Italy and France, where we would rent a "gite" or villa or
cottage for a week.  They have full  kitchens and are usually in the
countryside, with fresh outdoor markets to shop any day of the week.

I got many requests from those of you that wanted to know of a good
place that we had stayed previously.  One of our favorites is Les
Perdigots at http://www.les-perdigots.com.  The young couple that owns
and runs this place are Brits that had a passion to live in the south of
France.  Their location is not in the famously known Provence area, but
is similar in climate, as it is just due west of there.

I highly recommend this place for those of you who are hesitant to
travel to a foreign county and are newly diagnosed celiacs.  Not only do
Sheralee and Ian understand about our diet, they were able to recommend
places for us to go out to eat.  You will need a rental car to be able
to cruise the beautiful countryside and other towns and villages  We
drove from Paris, but there are closer cities to fly into.  And of
course, you can take the train from Paris, and pick up a car at your
destination point.

The cost of these lovely villas is so reasonable by the week, being
Saturday to Saturday, and we can't say enough nice things about this
young couple and their place.

Hope this encourages some of you to go to France and stay in a gite or
villa.

Anne Barfield, San Antonio
www.chickenparadise.com