From:
"DePalo, Dina M." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DePalo, Dina M.
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 09:46:19 -0500

Hello everyone. My husband noticed for me that Carrabba's Italian Grill,
Outback Steak house and Stickfingers, but I am sure there are more are GF. I
always have to question how these restaurants could be so GF--Stickyfingers
is just that--lots of barbecue type stuff--especially wings. How can all
this barbecue stuff be GF? Doesn't make sense.

However, we went to Carrabba's a couple of weeks ago and I felt a "rumbly in
my tumbly" 4 1/2 hours later. I knew it didn't agree with me right away
though. It was a dish with goat cheese, and I wonder if it was the goat
cheese or the wine base which is supposedly GF? I am not lactose intolerant
that I am aware of--I already did that diet. Who knows, I ordered my salad
w/o croutons, mixed in a separate bowl. I also ordered my chicken without
the grill base as it states in their menu. However, several hours later, it
sounded like thunder in my abdomen, and then relief came after a  BM. It
wasn't that great of an experience.

Has anyone had this problem with Carrabba's? I think it is a chain. Does
anyone know of other good GF that are chains? I just made a fabulous gluten
free banana bread--can't remember where I got the recipe--from the list?
internet? but it was good--very dense, but good with that Red Mill GF flour
I believe.

Having a hard time with tortilla-like wraps that are good. I tried Don Jose
I think it is called. Any suggestions? I always used to take my lunch in a
wrap. The GF bread I buy from Canada is about $5 a loaf and you have to heat
it. Any suggestions on soft bread so I can make a pb sandwich? Most gluten
free bread has to be heated, I know....

Thanks,
Dina