Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:49:53 EDT

I eat there often and have never experienced traffic getting there.   I'm
sure the traffic that was referred to was on the jersey turnpike.  The  tolls
referred to are not on Long Island so I don't understand what that has to  do
with the restaurant.  I don't particularly care for the pizza either,  but there
is a lot of good food to choose from.  The family works really  hard to run
this place and there is no reason why they have to provide a  gluten-free menu
that benefits the celiac community.  This is the only  restaurant of this type
on Long Island and I don't know what its many customers  (myself included)
would do if it went out of business.  Not only do they  provide meals, but they
are providing frozen 1 serving meals to take to  college.  They also bake
homemade bread and bagels that are  delicious.  I would be a lot more stressed if
it weren't for the  convenience of those bagels and that bread.  It is so
important for  the gluten free food businesses to get all the business they can
get, not only  for their sake but more importantly for the sake of the Celiac
community.   It is well worth the price to be able to sit down in a restaurant
and have fresh  baked gluten free bread served to you and a regular size menu to
choose from  without having to worry about cross-contamination and explaining
your needs to  the staff.  Where would all of us be without the various
gluten free  restaurants, bakeries, and online shops?  I personally do not have the
time  to make all of my food myself.  I highly recommend Caffe Baldo and I
think  it is well worth the trip from anywhere in the NY-Metro area.