Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 03:35:46 +0000

This time is here.  We have begun our discussions about bringing a Celiac Camp to North Texas.  We would like this event to be a 6 day/5 night overnight camp, beginning in June 2005!  It will come with all of the normal camp events and activities.  We will have a camp RN on facility during the entire week, and all foods would be gluten-free.  Other restrictions, like casein-free, should be easily accommodated.  Many volunteers will be needed, so if you would like to help at the camp, please indicate that in your reply requested below.

We estimate that we could best accommodate 50 campers for this first year.  We also feel that the age limitations should be from 7 - 14 during this first year.  The following year we would like to be able to open the age range to 6 – 17 years old.

We will also try to set up fellowship time for those parents/guardians traveling in from out of town.  This fellowship would be several 'get togethers' for the parents to share information and experiences.  We also hope to be able to offer Host Families.  This would assist the traveling families by minimizing hotel cost, as well as food cost because the Host Family eats gluten-free also.
As part of our initial research we are trying to determine how large the need is for this camp in North Texas.  If you are interested, we would like to gather your input.  Please forward me any comments you might have from previous experiences, or suggestions, etc.  We would love to hear from you. We are also interested in the following information from those families:
Camper's Age:
Camper's Sex:
Your home city, and state:
Camp Counselor or Volunteer?