From:
Cooper-Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cooper-Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:52:05 -0600

(Continued from part 1)
--------------------------
 Our 4-yr old celiac son and I, 37,  have neuropathy. He=20
gets intermittent pains in his thumb tips like someone is squeezing =
them,=20
and I get intermittent pains in my thumb, finger, and toe tips, also =
like=20
someone is squeezing them. It seems to be worse when the weather =
changes,=20
although we've had the pains for less than a year, so it is hard to =
tell. We=20
were just diagnosed with celiac disease last year. I haven't gone to a=20
neurologist about it, but took our son to a pediatric neurologist, and =
he=20
was diagnosed with intermittent paresthesias with a completely normal=20
neurological examination. We just take Advil if the pains are too =
intense to=20
sleep, which isn't too often.

  I've learned a bit from www.neuropathy.org ...
FDA approves  Drug for Treatment of Neuropathic Pain

I  used to work for a wholistic MD who treated patients for PN.  I met=20
several of his patients who said he cured them.  His treatment consisted =
of=20
intravaneous infusions of trace and macro minerals.  The complained =
about=20
how expensive it was, but they all said it was worth it.  These patients =
had=20
diabetes, so I'm not sure if the treatment will work for celiacs. It may =
be=20
worth you while to find a wholistic physician in your area.  Search the =
web=20
for an ACAM physician.  ACAM is the physician education organization =
that=20
trains their members in this type of therapy as well as chelation.  If =
you=20
find a physician that does chelation, he will probably also do mineral =
Iv's.

 Was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy about 4 years ago.   After a =
myriad of x-rays and tests, and second opinions, I was told that they =
don't know what's causing it, so they can't treat it. =20

I went to a naturopath and she told me to take sublingual B-12.  A few =
months later the PN symptoms were gone.  I also went on a gluten-free =
diet.  No dairy or citrus, either.   She also told me to follow the =
blood type diet - Eat Right for your Blood Type - I think it's called.  =
I haven't felt this good in years.  Hope this helps.
----------------------
I reversed my neuropathy by taking the homeopathic remedy HYPERICUM =
30C..(St. John's Wort) 2=20
>>pills 4x a day. yes, buy it from a health food store for $5!  I =
started getting tingling=20
back in about 4 days.  Told this to a diabetic friend and he's had the =
same=20
results.  Best of all...no side effects
--------------------------
I have been doing warm water therapy now for about 9 years, and it has =
been the very best thing for me. Yes, it does work! It helps with pain =
management, helps your balance and coordination, reduces fatigue, gives =
you energy, helps in weight control, and increases your network of =
social and support system. It is highly recommended by doctors and =
therapist alike.=20
--------------------------------
What works for me is;=20

Water therapy, and any other type of exercise you may like to try and =
keep up with.=20

A natural whole foods diet and supplements.=20

A balanced multidisciplinary lifestyle=20

----------------------------
Just be GF. I had the problem for years and after going GF it all went =
away.=20
--------
I have CIDP; a type of PN, (and I may have the neuropathy that is =
related to celiac, but I am just now checking that out for myself) and =
celiac as well.=20

There is no standard "cure" But for specialized types, there is =
treatment and often the disease process ebbs and flows over the course =
of time /lifetime. You can go into remission for weeks, months or even =
years.=20

There are some excellent books out; the numb toes series. I have all =
three books and they are very good resources.=20

1. Numb Toes and Aching Soles: Coping with Peripheral Neuropathy -- by =
John A. Senneff;=20

2. Numb Toes and Other Woes: More on Peripheral Neuropathy -- by John A. =
Senneff;=20

3. Nutrients for Neuropathy (The Numb Toes Series, Vol 3) -- by John A. =
Senneff;=20

The very best exercise treatment for PN is deep warm water exercise. You =
can get involved with an arthritis group or a group like it at a local Y =
or Rehab. center/hospital. Your doctor can prescribe water therapy =
treatment for you.=20

Also, you may want to look into support groups in your area.=20
-------------------------------
I was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy about 4 years ago.   After a =
myriad of x-rays and tests, and second opinions, I was told that they =
don't know what's causing it, so they can't treat it. =20

I went to a naturopath and she told me to take sublingual B-12.  A few =
months later the PN symptoms were gone.  I also went on a gluten-free =
diet.  No dairy or citrus, either.   She also told me to follow the =
blood type diet - Eat Right for your Blood Type - I think it's called.  =
I haven't felt this good in years.=20

-----------------------------
Peripheral neuropathy is the tingling or numbness in one's extremities, =
correct?  I know this is always one of my first symptoms of consuming =
gluten. I also get very foggy headed. Anyway, as far as I know the only =
cure is to stop consuming gluten. Then your nervous system will calm =
down and go back to normal.=20

I had some noticeable relief after taking a B complex vitamin plus 100 =
mg of
B-6.  (A larger dosage gave me other disagreeable symptoms.)
I reversed my neuropathy by taking the homeopathic remedy HYPERICUM =
30C..2=20
pills 4x a day