From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:34:11 -0400

The following are some of the responses that I received as a result of my posting my pancake recipe.  Thank you sooo much for the postive responses and suggestions. (Of course, I'm trying to lose weight and the pancakes aren't helping! Back to the fat free cottage cheese in the morning!)
Thank you. Lin

--It's better without the salt there's sodium enough in the gf flours.

--When you make waffles put the oil into the batter and separate your eggs
adding yolks to batter and beat whites until they peak and then fold them
into the batter.

 --I didn't use very much of the water at all.  Probably 1/3-1/2 cup, if that.  After adding the milk (I used 1/2 %) the consistency seemed almost perfect.  But, I added a little water because the recipe said to.  It seemed like it was getting too runny, so I didn't add anymore.  Perhaps it is the 1/2% milk isn't very thick so that made the difference.

--My mom also has good luck with freezing the pancake batter.  I have used her thawed batter, and you can't detect any difference between it and freshly mixed. She also mixes up the dry ingredients and keeps (labeled) bags in the refrigerator, for quick mixing of fresh batter.