From:
Scott and Debbie Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott and Debbie Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:25:42 -0500

Dear Friends,

Here is a reply from Horizon Organics regarding their gluten-free
status.  Hope this helps you.

Be well,

Debbie

Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:50:12 -0600
From: Darlene Campbell <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Debbie  :

Thank you for your recent e-mail concerning the gluten content of
Horizon Organic(tm) products. To the best of our knowledge, all of our
products are gluten free at this time. However,Horizon Organic purchases
both flavorings and stabilizers from outside vendors. The FDA does not
monitor gluten content in products nor does it require notification of
changes in gluten content by vendors. It is possible that any of our
vendors could add gluten to an ingredient or use gluten in a process
without notifying us. Any flavorings or stabilizers will be listed on
our product packaging. Our milk, half & half, regular sour cream, juice,
butter, eggs and bar,shred and string cheeses do not contain any
flavorings or stabilizers.

Our top priority at Horizon Organic Dairy is to ensure that we always
provide you with the highest-quality organic products possible.We
believe that organic agricultural practices result in foods that are not
only tasty, safe, healthy and wholesome but that are produced without
environmental pollution or resource degradation.

Your interest is of utmost importance to us, and we take your comments
very seriously. Please visit the many pages of our website at
www.horizonorganic.com for great information about our products and
company. Thank you again for taking the time to contact us.

Sincerely,
Consumer Services