From:
John Self <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Self <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:20:36 -0700

Dear List Members,

I wrote a long posting about a month or so ago that I received almost 60 responses to. The post had to do with diarrhea, chronic fatigue, and a few other gluten tidbits. I apologize for not summarizing, but I've been so sick and tired the thought of puttine all the information together was enough to make me stay away from the computer. Though the diarrhea has almost stopped the fatigue continues to keep me in my bed for most of the day. I have become quite depressed because of this. Now I'm shocked to find that after positive blood tests, a genetic marker test has come back negative. Does this mean that there is no way I have celiac? I know that I am allergic or intolerant to gluten because of what it does to me, but I thought I had this figured out and now this.

I live about an hour outside of Los Angeles and I know there must be some good doctors there, but I don't know them. I need someone who will take my fatigue and depression seriously. Tons of people in the first response suggested B vitamin shots, but I can't find anyone who takes this seriously, or the use of other supplements, that quite frankly have helped more than anything.

Can someone please help me? I'm so tired of being tired. I know that is cliche at this point. All my doctors just write me off because they think I have a bad attitude or I'm just down or depressed. But I'm trying very hard to fight this thing. But usually I end up asleep or just thinking about what it will be like to lie down.

Thank you,

Rachel Martin