From:
Karen Burkhart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 07:15:24 -0800

Good job! to everyone who responded to Jean Carper's column about celiac
in 'USA Weekend' Sunday newspaper supplement.  Just wanted everyone to
know what she said.  Note the editor's reactions.

"Karen, I agree that the small columns do not allow much, but the
response was overwhelming. Here is a standard reply I am sending...and I
really do hope to write more. Jean

       Thank you so much for your e mail about my recent column on
celiac disease. I can say that it drew an uncommonly great number of
my editors, since they did not know it was of such high concern. I am
hoping to do that and to put more information about celiac on my
personal website  www.jeancarper.com  It is a very important subject, I
agree.
       For more information and referrals to local doctors familiar with
the disease, you can contact the Celiac/Sprue Association USA, Inc at
www.csceliacs.org. Jean Carper