Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:37:09 EDT

Dear Listmates:
Thank you so much for responding to my inquiry.
I received 20 responses.
Several individuals simply wrote to commiserate.
Here is the list of recommended physicians in the Hartford, CT area that I
received from individuals.

3  people recommended   Dr J Polio @ St. Francis Hospital
1 person             "        Dr Josephson      "
1  person            "            Dr J Cappa @ Hartford Hospital
1                      "            Dr Zaldonis         "
1                 "            Dr Lowenthal             "
1                          Dr J Bennick in New Haven, CT
1    "                         Dr Cipolla in Wethersfield, CT

Following is a list of physicians in the Hartford area that was sent to me by
the GF Pantry.  They are located in the Htfd. area. :)

Donna Cipolla, MD, RD  (pcp & GE)
Hartford Medical Group
1260 Silas Dean Highway, Wethersfield
529-1100

Dr. Jeff Gelwan
85 Seymour St.
Hartford
246-2277

Dr. Richard Stone
580 Cottage Grove Rd.
Bloomfield
242-5580

Dr. Robert Schwartz
360 Tolland Tnpk
Manchester
643-8000

 Referrals for a dietitian were sent re: 2 groups:

~ I recently learned of a website from the American Dietetic Association
where you can search for a dietetics professional that is familiar with CD and
other specialties. It is www.eatright.com

~ The Greater-New Haven Celiac Group has Kathy French from Yale-New Have as a
dietary advisor.   She is head of pediatric dietetics at Yale.   She and her
staff are very well versed in Celiac Disease and have lots of information.
She can refer you to adult and child dietitians.

In addition 2 dietitians in CT contacted me.  I have written to them & asked
if they would permit me to forward their names to the list.  If they agree I
will certainly forward that information.

Thank you all for your assistance.
Kathy C