Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
La Listener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:47:16 -0500

I know that some of you will say that soy is bad or that people with CD
should not eat soy.  But…..

Whenever I use Silk Soy Milk I really like it at first and feel very good
for the first few days.  However, after using it for about 2 days my sleep
is not as deep as usual and I start sleeping fewer and fewer hours.  After
about 5 days of using Silk, I am sleeping no more than 4 hours per night and
am just generally exhausted.  Sometimes I get chest pain in the upper left
part of my chest.

I know it is not the soy itself because I have been using soy protein power
supplements for years and never have this reaction.  It has something to do
with the Silk Soy Milk.  I have experimented with this and the same effect
has been replicated many times.  I wonder if it is the 50% RDA of Vitamin
B12 they put in Silk but I am not sure because I’ve taken B complex with B12
for years and the vitamin alone does not produce this result.  Maybe it is
just too much of a good thing (i.e. too much B12).  However, I lean away
from the B12 theory and just plain wonder whether the put some kind of speed
in Silk Soy Milk! :-)  I know it is not the sugar they put in the Silk Soy
Milk because the same effect happens when I use the no sugar added formula
of Silk.

Does anyone else have this effect either with Silk Soy Milk or with too much
B12 in the diet?  Does the B12 theory even make sense?

Thanks for any feedback.

Nancy in AL