Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 07:04:53 -0500

Hey everyone.  Happy Easter weekend.

OK, I went to my local Kroger (I am in Nashville, TN), and found Progresso soup, but I could not find the fat free cream of mushroom.  I only saw the creamy mushroom.  It contains "Modified Food Starch", which is not allowed?

They did have the creamy chicken and  wild rice.  It contained "modified corn starch".  That should be OK?  It did contain Maltodextrin and "natural flavors"....  Can I use this one?

Also, I bought Lipton Cup A Soup, Creamy chicken, but it also contains maltodextrin and natural flavors.  Is it OK?

I am so appreciative of everyone's advice and help with the diet for my kids.  This is much more difficult than most "lay persons" realize.  It presents challenges for both the adult with CD, and the child.  I still cannot believe that a company has not produced a "fake" totally gf CHEERIO substitute, as we all know little toddlers and kids love the circled cereal.  A fruit loop substitute in a circle would also be good, as the preschools are always making snack type crafts by stringing fruit loops and or cheerios on strings and then letting the kids eat them...  I have to send in allowable snacks as close to the real thing as possible.  Also, Goldfish would be good also.  I know there are the Looney Tune character crackers, which are made or potatoes, but they are not fish...and when a small three year old wants a fish like his classmate, a looney tune character doensn't make the cut.  It can be hard to explain to a toddler.  Thank God for the Midel Oreos that finally came out that are gf and cf.

Sorry to whine.

Thanks again,

Trina