From:
William Lucas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Lucas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 19:47:28 -0400

Here is the response I received from Heinz when I wrote Heinz UK about
the Gluten Free status of  their tomato soup (an earlier post by someone
else had indicated that the GF was removed from the label).  It's odd in
that the response looks like it came from the U.S. company.

[log in to unmask] wrote:

>April 6, 2004
>
>Dear William,
>
>Thank you for your recent visit to the Heinz web site.
>
>Regarding your inquiry about the gluten notification in the Heinz UK
>Soups. We have been informed that the certification has not changed, the
>soup is still considered gluten free. Because of a current promotion and
>space considerations on the labels this notice was removed, it will be
>replaced on the labeling once the promotion has ended.
>
>Thanks again for contacting us.  We appreciate your interest.
>
>Consumer Resource Center
>
>When contacting us, please refer to the following reference number:
>002077869A

Bill Lucas, Burlington, NJ U.S.A.
Member of  CSA/USA South Jersey Chapter # 9;

http://home.earthlink.net/~celiac9/

Genealogy: Researching CAIN (PA), DOCK (PA), FLORA (PA), GARNER (PA),
           LUCAS (NJ/PA), SPEESE (PA), FREYER ?, RANK ?