From:
Saskia Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Saskia Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 20:33:21 -0500

Hello,

Has anyone used LDA to work on allergies/food intolerance problems? My
doctor said it shouldn't be a problem with my immune system issues
(Celiac), but I'm wondering if anyone has personal experience with this?

LDA is a method of immunotherapy that involves desensitization with combos
of a wide variety of low dose allergens, given with an enzyme mixture
containing beta-glucuronidase.  This enzyme mix acts as a lymphokine.
LDA may induce the production of activated T suppressor cells--or induce T-
cell switching from Th2 to Th1.  Since it is a cell mediated therapy it
probably should be fine for people with auto-immune diseases?  Am I asking
a silly question?

Anyway, anyone who wants to answer I'd love to hear from you!  Since
developing Celiac four years ago I've had a major uphill battle with a
sudden onslaught of allergies and food intolerance.   With a rotation diet
things have improved, but I'm still miserable (can barely tolerate rice,
corn, amaranth, tapioca, potato, legumes, most veggies and fruits..you get
the picture!!).  I'm hoping this therapy will help.  I'll keep anyone who
wants to know about it updated.

Thanks.

Saskia
Los Angeles
(My doctor is an environmental doctor based in Bellevue, WA)