From:
gcgjrm23 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:15:48 -0500

Hello to everyone:

What a year it has been in increasing the awareness of this disease!!

We had the article by Alessio Fasano, M.D., et al., published in the Archives of Internal Medicine in February.

The formation of the American Celiac Task Force in March.

The Second International Walk for Celiac Disease in May, in which we had over 30 groups across the USA participate.

The editorial in The New England Journal of Medicine titled "How to handle a clinical chameleon" by Dr. Fasano. This editorial led CD onto Wall Street as Wall Street Journal ran a piece in their health section.

 National television coverage on NBC's Today Show, which aired a segment on CD, the lifestyle, and the food labeling legislation.

Not to mention the numerous articles that were published in local papers all over the USA.

We are making a difference. We are all working together to try to increase the awareness and we have the wonderful researchers working hard at finding a cure.

We can all join together again in May of 2004 for the Third International Walk for Celiac Disease, sponsored and organized by the Center for Celiac Research in Maryland.
 Go to the website www.celiaccenter.org and click on International walk. Contact either myself or Pam King if your group is going to join in on this great event.

Let's all continue to "MAKE TRACKS FOR CELIACS!!!!!"

Sincerely,

Julie Gaereminck, Chairperson