From:
Adam and Emily Low <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam and Emily Low <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:47:29 -0500

OK, thanks for those of you who responded.

Many people said that they were wondering the same thing, so here is a
summary. A few commented that they also had never heard of any neg.
results.

Of two children - one pos, one neg.
Of 4 people in family - three pos, one neg (the dad)
Of 4 people in family - three pos. one neg. (the dad)
One heard of friend neg.
Of 3 people in family - two pos., one neg. (the mom)
Everyone in family pos. - by gene or stool
3 people in family - two neg, one positive (the grandma)
2 neg. that were expected to be positive (both on boys)

Excerpts from emails:

A lot of people ask that, but in the past a number of people have come
up negative (or their relatives have). About 1/5 of the American
population tests high in IgA though, in BLOOD tests, and those are
not as sensitive as the stool test. Gluten reactivity is not rare at
all.

In a recent post someone had been tested by Dr. Fine, blood tests and
biopsy.  Dr. Fine said they all had it Then the others came back
negative. They began a gluten free diet and everyone seemed to be much
improved of various symptoms on the diet.  This is also true with my
family.  We are all much better with the diet and have been tested by
Dr. Fine.  I think the results are the proof of the pudding..

I just checked the archives on this exact questions and when someone got
who got back negative results, one on a child whom the grandmother
strongly suspected as having CD.

Thanks again,

Emily