Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 20:39:40 -0800

The Celiac Disease Foundation Annual Conference and Food Faire held on November 2nd, was a huge success.  We were concerned that the major fires in surrounding communities, would discourage  attendance, but that was not the case.   The new venue at Good Samaritan Hospital Conference Center worked beautifully.  There was a main auditorium, a banquet room and several breakout rooms so all our needs were accommodated.

It was exciting to be in a venue where we were able to accept registration at the door.  In the past, our limited space prevented us from doing so and we had to turn folks away.  We were quite surprised at the large number of people who registered at the door.  Well over 10% of those attending had not pre-registered.

The program was outstanding. Our keynote speaker, Dr. Alessio Fasano, won the hearts of everyone. The entire panel of speakers remained after the Conference concluded and generously answered personal questions, and there were many.

We had a record number of vendors and those attending left with stuffed bags of samples.  They had a great opportunity to meet the people who have been long supplying us with delicious GF foods and to get acquainted with new ones.

Please mark your calendar for the first Sunday in November and plan to join us next year.