Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Kathleen A. Wildasin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 14:31:38 -0400

I was diagnosed with celiac disease in mid April, based only on a "strong positive" tTG. I am writing with a few general questions, which I hope some of you may be able to answer.

1. I am interested in knowing how many people with positive tTGs have negative reticulin IgA and IgG tests--i.e., is this fairly common? Also, is a strong tTG sufficiently reliable information on which to base a definitive diagnosis? Is further testing (i.e., a biopsy) necessary?

2. I have read on several product lists that Yoplait yogurt is GF. However, a Yoplait representative told me that only certain flavors of Yoplait-Columbo yogurt (not available in my location) are GF.

3. A Ghiradelli representative told me that all of their chocolate, with the exception of white chocolate, is GF. The labeling on individual packages of chocolate bars and chips, however, states that wheat may be present.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much,
Kathy Wildasin
Lexington, KY