Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:57:52 -0700

Thanks so much for your replies regarding blood work to test for CD.  I was
told to get the following:
IgA anti gliadin
IgG anti gliadin
tissue transglutaminase IgA
total serum IgA (to check for IgA deficiency)

As well I was told of a gene test to determine if you're suseptible called:
Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) DQ2 and DQ8 haplotypes

A stool sample test was suggested as well at:
www.enerolab.com

Unfortunately for me, here in CANADA these tests are little known.  The lab
I went to had to call the lab where the tests would be done for info.  We
(the lab and I) were then told that they no longer test for anti gliadin
antibodies.  A 'Celiac Screen' was ordered, but we're really not sure what
that entails. I was told 'no way' for gene testing and apparently, the stool
sample idea does not exist (according to the testing lab).

So there you go.  Does anybody have any information specific to Canada?  (I
live in the province of BC.)   I get my test results next week.  Do I go gf
now or keep eating gluten and try for better tests?

Carolyn