Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 19:38:10 -0500

OK. I thought rice was safe. I'm reading in the post called "what did I
eat" that rice can be coated with barley or wheat, and I read a post a few
weeks back asking if rice is safe to eat. Assuming we're talking about a
plain bag of rice, the kind with nothing but rice as opposed to the "side
dish" variety with the long list of ingredients, wouldn't they have to list
barley or wheat as an ingredient? I have seen a bag of rice at my grocery
store called "calrose rice" which listed as the ingredients, rice and corn
syrup.

So, my question is this: Is this a real concern, or is it misinformation?

Janice.