From:
Marilyn Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marilyn Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:10:49 -0700

Hi, Listers,
I'm new to the list, newly diagnosed with celiac disease, and am doing my first bit of research here. (Sure appreciate all your posts.) Thought I'd share the result. I found that Frito Lay's site, in the nutritional ingredients area, has a list of food additives and GF foods (http://www.fritolay.com/nutrition/freelist.shtml). Please note the caution at the bottom of the GF list:

      "The above products do not contain gluten; however, they are produced on the same line as our products that do contain gluten. Although the lines are washed between batches, a slight residue may remain on the lines. Individuals who are extremely sensitive may be affected.

      All Frito-Lay products are labeled accurately with the most current ingredient information. Frito-Lay makes every effort to maintain this list; however, since the ingredients in our snacks are subject to change at any time, we recommend that you check the label on a specific product for the most current and accurate nutritional information. If you need assistance, please contact Frito-Lay Consumer Affairs toll-free at 1-800-352-4477 Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time."