From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 08:47:09 -0400

Below is the response I got from Whataburger to my request for a list of
gluten free menu items.  If you use this list you'll need to exercise
extra caution.  Whataburger will NOT state which menu items do NOT
contain gluten.  Rather, they have provided a list of menu items that DO
CONTAIN gluten -- and they suggest you look at the ingredient list found
on their website.  (ARGGH!)  I've asked them what foods are cooked in
the same oil with the fries, but have NOT gotten a response back yet.)

Dawn @ the Jersey Shore

Website: http://www.whataburger.com/

Link to their ingredient list:
http://www.whataburger.com/pdf/ingredientlist.pdf

Company response to request for list of gluten free menu items:
"Thank you for your interest in our WhataburgerR menu items.  We hope
that the enclosed Nutritional Information will be of assistance to you.
Please be aware that slight variations may occur depending upon the
supplier and time of year. Some items may not be available at all
restaurants.  Test products and regional offerings are not included.
The nutritional information can also be located on our web site at:
www.whataburger.com  If you plan to use our data in a publication,
please provide us with a copy for proofing prior to publication.  If you
have any publishing questions, you may contact Jeff Nordstrom in our
Marketing Department at: (361) 878-0333.
Thank you for choosing WhataburgerR.
Sincerely,
Katie McLellan, Assistant
Whataburger Product Management"

Whataburger Products that DO CONTAIN GLUTEN
        *       4 and 5" White Buns
        *       4-1/2" Wheat Buns
        *       Texas Toast
        *       Flour Tortillas
        *       Buttermilk Biscuit
        *       Chicken Strips
        *       Croutons
        *       White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
        *       Chocolate Chunk Cookies
        *       Whatacatch Fish Fillet
        *       Plain Gravy and Sausage Gravy
        *       Hash Brown Sticks