From:
Meredith Hight <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Meredith Hight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 06:12:03 -0700

Hello list:

I have been meaning to post for a while on several
items, here is a summary:

First Cold while Celiac: Look for Robitussin cough
syrups, drops etc. Most are glutenfree. I also used
Olbas Pastilles cough drops (from Whole Foods, not
found in regular stores, I dont think) Stash Tea -
Celestial Seasonings will soon be labeling which of
their teas are GF/not (most are GF) and Healthy Valley
soups: tomato, potato leek and chicken and rice.
Healthy choice Chicken and Rice is also okay. Certain
thai kitchen instant noodle soups are also ok (check
their web site for soecifc products that are GF) Of
course, make sure to call if you use any of the other
items above, it has now been a month or two since I
was sick and we all know how fast things change with
ingredients etc.

Casein Intolerance: I posted a while back re: is it
possible to recover from a casein intolerance?
ok to try dairy and see how I do. I have lately, with
great success. I still try to not overindugle, but it
seems to be going ok, and it is the most wonderful
thing in the world to have a latte in the morning when
you havent in months and months!

Exercise: After a year of being diagnosed I was still
having problems and not feeling so good some of the
time -- My doctor really encouraged me to exercise - I
have been running 2 miles a day about 5 times a week
and cannot tell you all how much better I feel. I
sleep better, have more energy, etc.

Enjoy Life Foods: I have been meaning to write in
about how much I enjoyed these products, specifically
the big cookies! I liked the bars too, and the bagels
were tasty. I am hoping that my local whole foods,
which seems to carry every other kind of cookie in the
world - organic, vegan, wheat free, sugar free etc --
but not any fresh or different gf cookies (other than
midel or pamela) will start carrying these soon.

Hope this information is helpful

happy health to everyone

Meredith