From:
Consuela Mccray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:01:26 EST

Hello Everyone,

Thank you to everyone who reponded to my post. I received a lot of answers
and the majority of people suggested Pure Maple Syrup. It was described as
all natural,no additives, no gluten(#1 factor), 1 person said that it
contains both iron and calcium which is a great motivating factor to me
because I will be buying this for my 1 year old daughter. She needs all of
the extra calcium that she can get. I had decided to stick with Aunt Jemima
but 100% Pure Maple Syrup sounds much better nutritionally speaking. Well
here goes all the info that I received:

100% Pure Maple Syrup-  26 suggested (GF,All Natural,No Additives,Iron and
Calcium)

Aunt Jemima- 8 suggested (1 person said that as of 10/21/02 all varieties are
GF) I called myself because I was going to use it and wanted to double check
and was told by the rep that all varieties were GF.

Honey- 1 suggested

Mrs. Butterworth- 7 suggested (1 person said that it is no longer GF, 1
person said that the reduced calories has gluten)

Log Cabin- 6 suggested (1 person said that they checked last week and it is
still GF)

Karo- 3 suggested

1 person sent me this list minus the ones that I already named above:
Brer Rabbit
Cary's
Golden Griddle
Nalley's
Smuckers
Vermont Maid

1 person sent me a Google search link and if you do a Google search and type
in Gluten free pancake syrup you will get a lot more than just pancake syrup.
I got a few other links that I was interested in such as low carb pancake mix
and syrup for myself. Thank You Thank You Thank You to the kind person who
sent this to me.

1 person suggested going to http://delphiforums.com/celiac/messages and go to
the start page:http://delphiforims.com/celiac/start  then click on
Gluten-Free Products List.

1 person sent this site address: www.gfcfdiet.com it is a milk free/gluten
free site
I would love to have known about this site 7 months ago when my daughter was
first diagnosed because she could not tolerate milk or any type of mik
products. Now she has been drinking milk and eating milk products with no
problem for a few weeks. It just goes to show that if you dont post to the
list and ask for info you wont get the help that people so readily give.

1 person suggested making my own from water, brown sugar and a little white
sugar

That  sums up all the responses that I received and once again I thank
everyone who helped my daughter and I out. I have decided to go with the 100%
Pure Maple Syrup.

Sincerely,

Consuela in NJ