From:
Kathleen Curet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathleen Curet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 08:30:59 -0800

Hello All,

Here is a response I got from Nancy Picket at Western Family Foods - my
local Associated Food Store carries WF brand.  So in response to my
inquiry about one of their products, she sent a list of things that have
been inquired about...so its not a comprehensive list of gf/non gf
products, just the ones that have been inquired about.  It is written in
sort of a weird format in that you have to notice the heading: WESTERN
FAMILY PRODUCT SUPPLIER - GLUTEN?  So "yes" after a product means gluten
is present/not gf....  "No" means no gluten, GF.  I didn't want to re-do
it in case I made any errors.  Hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Kate, Salmon, ID

Dear Ms. Curet,
Thank you for calling Western Family Foods today with your question
about gluten in WF Hot Cocoa Mix.  As consumers have asked about
certain products, I have compiled a limited list of gluten-free Western
Family items based on our suppliers' responses.  This list is by no means
all-inclusive, but it does provide information for commonly requested
products.  We urge you to continue to read labels carefully so that you
are alert to potential changes in the product(s).

 Thank you.

Nancy Pickett
Consumer Affairs
Western Family Foods
(503) 639-6300

-----------------------------------

WF Product Supplier Gluten?

Alfredo Sauce Mix Williams Foods No

Apple Pie Filling Agrilink No

AuJus Mix Williams Yes

Bacon Maple Leaf No

Bacon Bits Ampacco Yes

Baking Soda Gilster No

Barbecue Sauce Red Wing No-can’t guarantee vinegar

Beef Stew Mix Williams Foods Yes

Beets, pickled Norpac No

Chiquita No

Bis-mate Perrigo No

Bologna John Morrell Yes

Bouillon (beef & chicken) Hormel No

Brown Gravy Mix Williams Foods Yes

Butter Darigold No

Butterscotch Chips ADM Cocoa No

Calcium Perrigo Yes-if the ingredients list starch

Calcium w/ vitamin D Perrigo Yes-if the ingredients list starch

Candy, gummi bears, candy corn,

Jelly beans, smarties Associated No (but gluten candies in plant)

Caramels AFS-SLC No

Cheese, processed & natural Schreiber No

Cherry Pie Filling Agrilink No

Chicken Bag N Bake Williams Foods No

Chicken Broth Heinz No

Chicken Gravy Mix Williams Foods Yes

Children’s Liquid Ibuprofen,

Berry flavored Perrigo No

Children’s Liquid Pain Reliever

Acetaminophen Perrigo No

Chili (thick n’ chunky, mild, Agrilink/Nalleys Yes

Original) Chiquita Maybe

Chili Beans, canned Chiquita  No

Chili Mix Williams Foods Yes

Chocolate Chips ADM Cocoa No

Chocolate Flavored Drink Mix Gilster No

Chocolate Flavored Syrup Gilster No

Instant Products of American No

Cocoa Mix Gilster No

Coconut Gray No

Corn, cream style Chiquita  No

Seneca No

Corn Biscuits cereal Ralston Yes

Corn Flakes Ralston Yes

Corn Flakes, Natural Direction Health Valley No-but not dedicated lines

Corn Syrup Red Wing No

Trailblazer No

Corned Beef Hash Chiquita  No

Cottage Cheese Dean (milk) No

Darigold No

Country Gravy Mix Williams Foods Yes

Cranberry Sauce Clement Pappas No

Cream cheese Raskas No

Cream cheese-fat free Raskas No

Cream of Mushroom Soup Heinz Yes-wheat flour

Crispy Rice cereal Ralston Small amount

continued in Part 2.