From:
Betsey Carus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 13:24:44 -0500

I have checked out the following companies:

Turkey Hill eggnog--not GF. When I asked what was the problem I was told
the flavoring & annatto. I personally suspect the item might be ok but
could not talk with anyone to determine why these ingredients are a
problem (annatto should not be a problem and flavorings are not a
problem if the questionable ingredient is the alcohol--but of course I
wasn't able to get enough information to know if this product is safe or
their response is due to out of date information). 800-MY DAIRY
http://www.turkeyhill.com

Land O Lakes eggnog--not gf. They don't manufacture this so cannot
guarantee problems with cross contamination. 800-441-3321 8-5 CT.

Parmalot eggnog--again this is gf. It is available in the refrigerator
section so may not cause the problems some people seem to have with
their tetrapacked milk products (which are also gf, including their
chocolate milk products). 888-727-6252

Giant brand eggnog (a local brand available at Giant stores)--am still
awaiting a reply. As of last Wednesday they had not checked on this
product.

Borden brand canned eggnog--have not found an answer about this brand.
If you are interested in checking on this brand don't try phoning since
you only get canned messages & cannot reach a real person (at least at
the phone number on the can). So either email them at
[log in to unmask] or write them at Eagle Family Foods, Attn:
Consumer Response, 735 Taylor Road, Suite 200, Gahanna OH 43230. Their
website http://www.bordeneggnog.com also doesn't say anything about
gluten. BTW in the past this has been posted to this list as gf, but of
course things could have changed since last year.

White Wave's Silk nog--soy based nondairy eggnog. Their website says it
is gf. http://www.whitewave.com/index.php?id=17&cid=2#10

Horizon Organic eggnog--is still gf. 1% milk. In fact I was told all
their products are gf and that when they check out new ingredients they
take into account they want to avoid using the main
allergens/gluten/etc.
888-494-3020 8:30am- 4:30pm MST, Monday-Friday

Lucerne eggnog (Safeway)--is still gf.
888-723-3929 (US), 800-723-3929 (Canada)

Kozy Shack eggnog pudding--is not being made.
Turlock, California (209-634-2131)
http:www.kozyshack.com

This actually did not take as long as it looks, I did most of the
phoning right there in the store while looking at the products and spent
about 20 minutes on the computer.

Betsey Carus
Baltimore, MD USA